Monday, January 21, 2013

January & the Globes

January.

The first month of the year. 

A time of resolution. A time of revelations.

But not for me. I'm not promising myself I'll get to the gym more often or making a list of all the tasks I'll finally get to, like cleaning the closets or organizing my photos.

Oh no. January, for me, is all about the Golden Globes and fashion.

This was one of the best ceremonies in a long time, thanks to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. The ladies were funny and classy and they kept things moving. In fact, the only thing I didn't like about them was that I didn't see them enough! I hope they're back next year, but I wonder if repeat performances will ruin the perfection of this one.

That said, here's my breakdown of the ceremony:

The Hollywood Foreign Press (HFP) got it right: Ben Affleck and ARGO, if only to show the Academy is a bunch of dicks!

The HFP got it wrong: Hugh Jackman. I love Hugh, although not as much as most people. Still, that award belonged to Bradley Cooper. I understand my fellow WiseWench, Sofie Couch, may disagree with me, but Bradley was awesome in Silver Linings Playbook and I'll take his baby blues any day of the week! Come on, Sofie. Bring it!! ;-)

Best Monologue Joke:  "I haven't paid attention to the controversy surrounding Zero Dark Thirty but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron." 

Worst Sense of Humor: Tommy Lee Jones. Maybe the cameras got him at a bad moment. But Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig were funny. Come on, Tommy Lee, smile for the camera.

Off-camera moment I'd love to see: I love Ben Affleck. I've always been fan, even when it was hard to say so. But I would have loved to be in the seat beside Ben and Jen's table when the other Jen stopped by to chat. Runner-up moment: Jen Garner hanging out with Bradley Cooper and Victor Garber. Alias reunion!

Now, the fashions...

Best dressed


Anne Hathaway in Chanel. Simple and stunning. Beautiful.


Worst dressed





Rachel Weisz in Louis Vuitton. Daniel Craig was the only beautiful thing she was wearing and even he wasn't looking his best.


Overrated




Kate Hudson in  Alexander McQueen. Her body was banging, and she looked good. But that's it. JMO


Did you watch the Globes? What did you think? Who would you pick Hugh or Bradley?

Make sure you join me next month for my Oscar recap!


Tracey Livesay just signed a contract with Entangled Publishing for her interracial, contemporary romance, The Billionaire's Socialite Bride and the other two in the series. She blogs here on the third Monday of every month. If you like the flavor she's bringing, you can check out her blog, Mimosas at Midnight or Like her Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey! I enjoyed your view of the Golden Globes. And thank you for sharing that pic of Anne Hathaway. Her gown was divine! I'm not a bit awards ceremony watcher, so I can't argue points. The Golden Globes wouldn't even have been on my radar if my sister hadn't mentioned she was addicted to it. She's evidently as devoted to it as you. We all have our vices. Thanks for sharing and I will tune in for your Oscar recap - guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete