Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Manly Firmness

My country and my column are going to share a birthday! And what better time to start dipping Below the Fold than the Fourth of July? My happy mission: to provide you with some ways to make this hot holiday even hotter.
Let’s talk fireworks and get this celebration started with a bang! No matter how you spend the rest of the holiday, an evening fireworks show is a necessary ingredient for a hot and happy Fourth. The patriotic music always gets me a little stirred up, and I love checking out the firemen near the perimeter, the cops working crowd control, and our hot friends in the military. (Okay. I’m a badge bunny; I admit it.) Of course, if that’s not exciting enough for you, you could always daydream about all the things a person could do in the dark, surrounded by people who are all … looking … up.
Before the fireworks, though, why not spend part of the afternoon poolside? There’s no better place to celebrate the right to bare arms! If you can get to the pool early enough, you’re sure to see some fine-looking gentlemen working out, passing smoothly through the water on the way to a flip turn. Poetry in motion! And if you’re lucky enough to be at the beach, you can join a pick-up volleyball game and get even closer to the action. Now that’s my kind of gun show!
That brings us to my favorite part of the holiday: manly firmness.
Oh, get your mind out of there! Manly firmness is patriotic. It’s in the Declaration of Independence, in the fifth one of those bullet points. That’s right – it’s in the same document as the pursuit of happiness. Indeed, some of us (like me) would argue that one concept leads to the other and back again. Since manly firmness is one of the principles this nation’s based on, it is our patriotic duty to celebrate it, in its many wonderful forms. So while you’re heading from the beach to the pool, or wherever your holiday takes you, be sure to thank your hot male friends for being part of what makes our country great. Ask your favorites to take their shirts off. You know, for the country. Then get ready for those fireworks!
**Here’s a big, thank-you hug for all my hot military friends, male and female, from Below the Fold! Many thanks for doing what you do, so I can do what I do.

Alexa Day celebrates diversity -- another one of this nation's fine, fundamental principles -- with her special blend of interracial erotica and erotic romance. You can join her in the melting pot over on her blog at www.alexaday.net.

8 comments:

  1. All of a sudden my plans to stay in and write, maybe watch the John Adams miniseries, seem a bit, uh...tame. What's wrong with me?!

    Adding my thanks to all who serve to protect our freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah!

      Oh, not to worry -- nothing's wrong with you! There's still time to get out and enjoy all the hot things the holiday has to offer. In fact, I think there might be some carryover into the weekend.

      Hmm.

      Lexi

      Delete
  2. Badge Bunny? I've never heard that, but I like it. They're having fire truck rides in my little town today. Can't wait to see how our fireman rank. Why is it that fireman are always good looking? Must be that bravery thing.

    I loved the post. You had me thinking of July 4 in a whole new way hahah.

    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nancy --

      I'm glad I was able to open up a new dimension for you! I hope you're out appreciating the local color right now. Someone should conduct a study to determine why firemen tend to be hot. I'd love to help out with the research there!

      Lexi

      Delete
  3. I loved your post! Maybe just sitting here in front of my computer today is a BAD idea. Time to head out and DO something (and maybe take in some eye candy or a six-pack or two).

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina!

      The Fourth is a good time to get out and enjoy our natural resources. There is still some daylight left -- you can enjoy the native wildlife in its natural habitat.

      I am kicking back with a six-pack of my own here!

      Happy Fourth!

      Lexi

      Delete
  4. Sorry I didn't stop by yesterday - would have truly spiced up my 4th. Not that I needed any additional heat cooking for the family LOL However I loved the post and your 'call to arms' as it were. I love the Badge Bunny designation - I'd never heard it, but now I'm certain to steal it. I do love a man in uniform! And of course, I love puns so the turn on the Second Amendment just made me grin. I have always been an arms and chest kinda girl, second to tight buns of steel. Thanks for kicking off the blog in proper patriotic style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Denise!

      I can't take credit for coining the awesome term "badge bunny;" there's even a place one can get a T-shirt with that printed on it. There's also an analogue for rodeo groupies, who are called buckle bunnies. So "badge bunny" is in the public domain, as it were -- no worries about stealing!

      And don't fret about coming by on the 5th. I think good patriots celebrate manly firmness every day. ;)

      Lexi

      Delete